COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Cinemascope format panoramas from my astro photos



While waiting to image season to start up here, I have worked with a cinemascope format movie theatre presentation from my photos. This is an extra wide ~21:9 format used in movie theaters. The actual film is not ready yet but I have some of my images converted to this ultra wide format. I think they will look great at a large movie screen! I'll publish some of individual panoramic format photos here, images are downscaled for the web.


Cinemascope format image of the Sharpless 114 (Sh2-114)
The Flying Dragon Nebula, in eastern Cygnus, be sure to click for a full resolution version!


Natural color composition from the emission of ionized elements. 
More info and the technical details about my photo can be found from HERE

INFO

Sh2-114 is a complex and unusual HII emission nebula. Its complex, wispy structure is likely the result of winds from hot, massive stars interacting with the magnetic fields in the interstellar medium. But very little is known about it. (Source, https://www.noao.edu/image_gallery/html/im1112.html)






No comments: